Rotary International is a worldwide service organization for leading business and professional men and women, with more than 1.2 million members in over 35,000 Rotary clubs. Each Rotaract club is sponsored by a local Rotary club. This sponsorship is a result of Rotary’s belief that young people, or New Generations, should take an active interest in community life and have the opportunity for professional development.
Rotaract believes in the motto “Service Above Self” and is active in the communities. Rotaract is a non-profit service club for students and young professionals ages 18 to 30. Clubs are either community or university based, and they’re sponsored by a local Rotary club. Rotaract Club of TERF’s Academy CAS is sponsored by Rotary Club of Tirupur South R.I Dist.3202.
The club meets twice a month to exchange ideas, plan activities and projects, and socialize.They decide how to organize and run their club and what projects and activities to carry out. Rotaract members form a global community of young adults taking action for positive change, sharing ideas, and looking at the world’s challenges in new ways. Clubs engage in hands-on service projects, social activities, and professional development opportunities.
- Having loads of fun while making new friendships that last a lifetime
- To develop professional and leadership skills
- To provide opportunities for personal and group activities to serve the community and promote international understanding and goodwill toward all people
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the needs, problems, and opportunities in the community and worldwide
- The opportunity to refine your leadership and public speaking skills by becoming an Executive of the club or organizing a project
Services Rendered by the Club
- Rotaract orientation programs are conducted.
- Blood Donation camp.
- Eye Screening Camp.
- Visiting Orphanage and Old age homes on festive season.
- Teachers day is celebrated for Gurus.
- Plantation of tree saplings.
- Road safety programs are conducted.
- Students act as blood donors at the time of need.
- Acted as volunteers for various events.
- General medical camp organized in villages.
- Sponsored certificates and medals for Government schools.
- Donated books to library at Rotary Primary school.
- Participated in RYLA in other states.
- Organises awareness programs & rally.
- Participates in various Rotary and Rotaract club activities.